1. "It struck me as shocking news. As a big fan of Go, I never expected AI to be able to beat a human champion at the current stage of development since it's a pretty complicated game," he said. He predicted that "fueled by this victory, capital and talent will flood into the AI sector".
3. Regulators in other countries will draw lessons from the success or failure of the Japanese model.
5. Having reached the current stage of development, China can now advance only through reform and innovation. We have the largest quality workforce as well as the largest pool of scientists, engineers and professionals in the world, and their potential for innovation is truly tremendous.
6. The pair stand on opposite sides backstage and memorize the winners to avoid having to write them down and have revealed in the past how they carry out rigorous checks to ensure they have stuffed the envelopes correctly. It is believed Ruiz and Cullinan are ordered to destroy the duplicate cards as the presentation goes on, so by the time Best Picture is awarded, the only envelopes left are the two for Best Picture.
6. BEIJING: A group of Hyundai Motor Co dealers in China is seeking 800 million-900 million yuan ($120 million-135 million) in compensation from the South Korean automaker, saying Hyundai has cut the flow of models it exports to them, resulting in dealership losses and closures.
1. I once had an advisor that said to me when I expressed fear of a difficult class, "Do you want to get an education or not?"
3. One of the few lots to sell significantly above its estimate, at Sotheby’s, was a 1780 landscape by Joseph Wright of Derby showing a cavern in the Gulf of Salerno with the figure of Julia, the banished daughter of Emperor Augustus.
4. It is the first time that news came up first since the technology company began publishing its yearly review a decade ago.Vera Chan, the company's senior editor and web trend analyst, said the BP oil spill was the most searched topic for term for a variety of reasons.
5. China's movie box office revenue grew 9 percent to $8.9 billion (RMB 60.98 billion) in 2018.
6. 索尼（Sony）宣布，其游戏主机Playstation 4s已经在全球售出超过1,000万台，这预示着对玩家客厅的争夺战今年将继续上演。为了维持增长态势，索尼在展会上发布了一系列独家游戏，包括Ninja Theory开发的动作游戏《地狱之刃》（Hellblade），《雷曼》（Rayman）制作商Michel Ancel开发的开放世界式冒险游戏《荒野》（Wild），Housemarque开发的射击类游戏《异化》（Alienation）以及Q版游戏《明日之子》（The Tomorrow Children）。微软则发布了由Square Enix和Crystal Dynamics制作的《古墓丽影：崛起》（Rise of the Tomb Raider），这是劳拉o克罗夫系列重新启动后的第二部作品，将在2015年于Xbox平台独家发布。Xbox在2015年还有另外一款游戏大作的续集《光晕5：守护者》（Halo 5: Guardians）。
1. 3. Will Guo Jingjing, China's diving queen, get married in 2010?
It was all work, work, work for the BBC Culture team and parties, alas, were few and far between. But the rest of Cannes was painting the town red. In 2013 we tried to calculate the amount of champagne consumed at the festival by contacting Piper Heidsieck, “the official drink” of the festival, but they declined to comment – though judging by the merry faces and staggering gaits of some on the Croisette, it's safe to assume a colossal quantity. At the party for Matteo Garrone's Tale of Tales on the first weekend, the champers flowed freely and the revellers stayed on until the early hours. When the BBC's Rebecca Laurence spoke to one of its stars the following morning and asked how many hours sleep he'd had before their interview, he simply narrowed his bleary eyes and held up two fingers.