2. 3. The root cause of eczema has finally been identified. Scientists have tracked down a series of proteins and molecular pathways that lead to this insufferable skin problem, revealing that the protein filaggrin isn't the sole culprit we thought it was.
1. It’s been one of the worst years for investment decision-making on record, almost across the board. No strategy worked consistently, save for the type of shareholder activism that only a handful of Wall Street’s billionaire titans are able to engage in.
6. The prospect of a major shakeup right before the deadline is usually a recipe for disaster, especially if it leads to immediate roster change.
1. Matt Damon was named best actor in a comedy or musical motion picture for his role as a stranded astronaut in The Martian.
3. Turkey’s foreign ministry angrily rejected the EU criticism. “The EU should realise that the statement fuels extremism, such as xenophobia and anti-Turkish sentiments, because the call to refrain from excessive statements and actions that risk further exacerbating the situation is made only to Turkey, instead of the countries that caused this situation by violating diplomatic conventions and international law,” it said.
2. A child prodigy with an IQ higher than Albert Einstein is celebrating becoming a unique member of Mensa. Nishi Uggalle, ten, is one of the youngest people in the country to score the highest possible mark of 162 in the IQ society's supervised testing.
Tsinghua University came in at 45th place, as the third-highest ranked university in Asia. Peking University took the 57th place in the rankings. Zhejiang University took 67th place in its first appearance in the top 100.